When considering plastic or reconstructive surgery, one of the most important elements to factor into your decision is where your procedure will be performed. At McCormack Plastic Surgery, our state-of-the-art facility houses an on-site surgical center accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. (AAAASF). Not only does this accreditation signify our operating room has met, and maintains, rigorous standards of excellence, but it also conveys our ongoing dedication to upholding patient safety as a priority.
In order to receive accreditation from AAAASF, surgeons and their operating facilities must meet a number of stringent requirements, all of which combine to make AAAASF the gold standard for accreditation organizations. Some requirements unique to AAAASF are as follows:
- Surgeons must have hospital privileges for any procedure offered at their on-site facility.
- An Anesthesia professional must be present to administer deeper levels of anesthesia.
- Facility must meet specific safety standards for equipment, drugs, and overall office environment.
- The office-based surgery setting must meet all standards to which hospitals are subjected.
- Surgical center must be peer-reviewed and consistently compile extensive surgical data.
Equipped with the latest, most advanced surgical technologies the field has to offer, our facility holds the capacity for our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Tiffany McCormack, to perform a comprehensive variety of facial, breast, and body procedures. Driven by years of experience and a commitment to improving quality of care, Dr. McCormack consistently ensures our surgical equipment is up-to-date with the safest, most effective procedural capabilities.
Ultimately, the convenience and privacy afforded by the operation and recovery rooms of our on-site facility is unparalleled. Our entire experienced staff is warm and caring, and each member is devoted to ensuring your surgical experience is as comfortable and pleasant as possible throughout every step of the process.
For more information about our AAAASF-accredited surgical facility, or to schedule a consultation with Dr. McCormack, please contact us today.